eDiscovery Daily Blog
“E-Discovery Day” is Tomorrow!: eDiscovery Trends
We have days to celebrate all sorts of things, especially in this holiday season. As we mentioned a couple of months ago, eDiscovery enthusiasts now have their own day – “E-Discovery Day”, which is tomorrow!
Brought to you by EDRM, Exterro, Actiance and Today’s General Counsel, E-Discovery Day (as stated in their website) is “an industry wide initiative aimed at promoting e-discovery awareness and education. E-Discovery Day will bring together a diverse set of professionals to share experiences, discuss key trends and offer best practices over a variety of mediums with the goal of facilitating and promoting e-discovery education to the entire legal and business community.”
George Socha, founder of EDRM, states that “E-discovery is going to be with us for the long haul, which means that all of us working to resolve disputes need to improve our e-discovery IQ. With its webinars, content and other events, E-Discovery Day offers each of us a great opportunity to do just that.”
The webinar sessions have all been scheduled, the speakers have been identified and the sessions will run from 8:30am to 3:30pm PT tomorrow. Here they are (speakers in parentheses):
- 2015 E-Discovery Case Law: Sanction Cases You Need to Know: ( Joy Conti, Chief District Judge, Western District of Pennsylvania; Gareth Evans, Esq., Co-Chair E-Discovery Practice Group, Gibson Dunn; Bob Rohlf, Esq., General Counsel, Exterro);
- A Closer Look at Social Media Discovery: (Jim Shook, Esq., Director of eDiscovery and Compliance Practice, EMC; Bill Tolson, Director of Product Marketing, Actiance);
- Taking Advantage of the New FRCP E-Discovery Amendments: (George Socha, Esq., Co-Founder, EDRM; Craig Ball, Esq., Attorney / E-Discovery Blogger, Ball in Your Court Blog; Xavier Rodriguez, District Judge, Western District of Texas);
- FRCP Changes: What, Exactly, are Reasonable Steps to Preserve ESI?: (Robert A. Cruz, Senior Director of Information Governance, Actiance, Inc., Bill Tolson, Director of Product Marketing, Actiance);
- Predictive Coding 3.0: (Ralph Losey, Esq., E-Discovery Blogger / Attorney, e-Discovery Team Blog);
- Amendments to Federal E-Discovery Rules Take Effect December 1: Are You Ready?: (Tom Shaw, Assistant General Counsel; Legal Department, CCA Facility Support Center, Nashville, Russell Taber, III, Attorney; Riley Warnock & Jacobson PLC, in Nashville);
- Make Your Job Easier with E-Discovery Technology: (David Yerich, Esq., Director of E-Discovery, UnitedHealth Group, Tom Mullane, E-Discovery Specialist, United Technology Corporation, Tara Jones, Lead Paralegal – E-Discovery and Consumer Litigation, AOL, Inc.);
- 3 E-Discovery Trends You Need to Prepare for in 2016: (Bill Tolson, Director of Product Marketing, Actiance, Catherine Casey, Popular E-Discovery Blogger; VP, Exigent Group Limited, Patrick Fuller, Director of Legal Analytics, ELM Solutions, David Houlihan, Esq., Principal Analyst, Blue Hill Research).
Looks like a great curriculum! You can register for any of the sessions on the site here.
BTW, tomorrow is an important day from an eDiscovery standpoint in another way. More about that tomorrow! :o)
So, what do you think? Do you plan to attend any of the “E-Discovery Day” sessions tomorrow? Please share any comments you might have or if you’d like to know more about a particular topic.
Disclaimer: The views represented herein are exclusively the views of the author, and do not necessarily represent the views held by CloudNine. eDiscovery Daily is made available by CloudNine solely for educational purposes to provide general information about general eDiscovery principles and not to provide specific legal advice applicable to any particular circumstance. eDiscovery Daily should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a lawyer you have retained and who has agreed to represent you.
Comments are closed.
CloudNine empowers legal, information technology, and business professionals with eDiscovery automation software and professional services that simplify litigation, investigations, and audits for law firms and corporations.